Problem with my New PC & Cod4

Ninjitsu_Monk

ok here is my dilemma, I went to test out my new PC with cod4 but in any server i go to after lets say 4-6 seconds i get this huge lag spike that takes over 5 seconds to be over. Not only does it lag but sound loops, my ping sky rockets to like 999 so on and so forth. So I pretty much cant play cod4 right now and wanted to know if you guys had any ideas to my problem?

.::|Comp Specs|::.

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory:

3072MB RAM

Hard Drive:

200 GB's (Est.)

Video Card:

NVIDIA GF 9800 GX2

I've tried google'ing this to find a solution with no luck. Most common issues are Wireless internet related and something to do with PunkBuster's Port forwarding. Oh and yes I have Lynksis Wireless card.

So any thoughts?

~N.M LM

Yes i've used Wireless for a very long time, I think at 1 point i did use a cable in mohaa back in the day.. :lol: But if I still don't find a solution by the end of tonight i am gonna test the cable and see if my wireless card is what causes it. I will also check my Graphics card for any updates for this sort of thing.

I think i found the solution.

I was reading a forum and cam across this link

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_98 ... upply.html

From what i can read, My power supply isn't listed there. So i am assuming this is a power supply issue. Could this be true?, Also it isn't anything graphical in COD4 as this does it in another game i play also called 'Rohan Online'

And here's the power supply i want to get

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.ph ... cid=PS.808

BTW mine is a Crossair TX 650 W from what i read on the side of it :lol:

So i will see.

Uninstall the nVidia Network Access Manager and Firewall (through "Add Remove Programs" in settings console)

Reboot Machine.

This fixed my laggin.

Have u even tried this? i wasn't lagging because of my net either, i was also lagging in single player and this fixed it.

Uninstall the nVidia Network Access Manager and Firewall (through "Add Remove Programs" in settings console)

Reboot Machine.

This fixed my laggin.

Have u even tried this? i wasn't lagging because of my net either, i was also lagging in single player and this fixed it.

I would, If those things would actually show up in my List of programs under "Add or remove".. :lol:

So yeah here is BFG's Response after 2 emails

Dear *****,

If you would like to setup a warranty replacement RMA, and are currently in

the US or Canada, please contact BFG via phone at 1-866-BFG-FIXX (1-866-234-3499).

If you are outside the US or Canada, please reply to this e-mail with the

following information:

Fucking hate Email support...Now i get to go send and wait like a billion years for my card to come back :mrgreen:

I waited 5 days for my replacement after getting my RMA number through email.

They said they would only send me a Refurbished part for my Brand spankin new Graphics card..I said pfft! yeah right!... and so today i finally solved my problem. Turns out my New Motherboard had conflicts with my Nvidia Graphics card.. Who knew? :mrgreen: