MW2 Dedicated server petition

Dogger

We shall see, its pretty much gone Viral now, and the IW PR guy was shown saying that IW would be looking in to it soo we will have to wait and see how it plays out this week.

Think of it this way, if even a quarter of the people who signed that petition don't buy the game IW is still out 1.2 Million soo that's still a message even if we don't get what we want.

- Jp

This will sure effect prepaying of games and servers in the future .

Oh and oh a word from IW Staff: http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewt ... 4&t=128182

Source: Modern Warfare 2 on PC

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is actually the biggest investment Infinity Ward has ever made into the PC version of our games. It?s also the most feature-rich PC version we?ve ever made. IWNET takes the benefits of dedicated servers and allows them to be utilized and accessed by every player, out of the box, while removing the barrier to entry for players unaware of how to maintain a server on their own.

How does it do this?

Matchmaking & Smoother Gameplay: When you want to player a multiplayer game on PC, in the past. You?d have to scroll through a Server Browser which listed every available server which was hosted by individual server admins. Each had their own private rules, mods, or ways of playing the game. Most players would also use the server browser to find just the best quality game (based on PING). With IWNET matchmaking, it takes all that into account for you. All you have to do is select the playlist (pre-set gametypes with custom rules) that fits the style of play you are in the mood for. When you do, it will automatically find you a game with the best performance, ping, and preferences based on your location and individual connection as well as matching you with players of your same SKILL. So you?re always guaranteed the best game performance for where you are and what connection you?re playing on as well as an equal game with other players of your same skill level, not rank, but skill level. It doesn?t mean you?ll just be thrown into a random game! It will put you in the game that will give you the smoothest gameplay possible without you having to manually find a server with the best ping.

Playlists and Private Matches: As I described above, Playlists are pre-set game modes and gametypes for public games. If you just want to jump into a public game of Search and Destroy or Hardcore Search and Destroy and you don?t care about fully customizing it, then you can utilize playlists to do that quickly for you. However, say you?re in a clan and you want to play a Clan match with another team, or you want to practice for an upcoming tournament that has specific rules in a private game. Then you can start a Private Match (which is essentially like running your own private server) where you have complete control over the rules, who can join, boot players you don?t want, and essentially control the entire game or tweak it to your liking. Once the rules are set, you can invite the other team in or just start it up with your clan to practice with the custom rules before the match. This now allows you to play custom games out of the box without the need to install mods, find a modded server with the rules you like, or worry about not being in control of the match.

Party System and Friendslist: Modern Warfare 2 on PC also makes it much easier if you want to party up with your friends, or again, with your clan for a match. You can utilize the friendslist to see when your friends are online, and invite them to your Party. A Party allows you to move from game to game as a group. It?s great for clan matches, because you can party of with your clan and move from public game to public game together. Or if you?re doing a scrim, party up and invite the other clan (who is in a party) and they?ll all join at once. Set up a private match together and play. It makes setting up scrims or games with friends easier and hassle free.

Cheat / Hack Free Games: The biggest benefit of using IWnet by far is the fact that you don?t have to worry about joining a server full of aim-bots, wallhacks, or cheaters. Or relying on the server admin of the server to constantly be monitoring, banning, and policing it. Modern Warfare 2 on PC allows us to control the quality of the game much more than ever before as well as utilizing the VAC (Valve-Anti-Cheat) system to keep games clean of hackers and cheaters.

All in all, IWNET adds a load of new features that the PC version of our games have never had before and allows us an infrastructure to continue to update and improve on the game post-launch.

Infinity Ward responded in force, and closed down the two largest petitions overnight.

Who the fuck they think that are,north corea?

say what u want,but im never buy a game from them ever in my life!

trying to shut down people.....actually ill have it hosted on ftp for anyone who will want it FOR FREE ,for anyone =u him her your friend your mom anyone!

this shit remind me of the war between napster and metallica.since that day i always have some metallica album that i put public everytime that i open my flashftp.

fuck those bastard. u can officially count me out of this game.

Ps-anyone one who already pre-order it should cancel it asap!put it this way, 1000 peeps cancellin the shit at walmart...thats 60 grand right there.i dont think that walmart will be happy to refund all this shit!

u guys know that some online store had to borrow money from the bank so they can refund the custy?

• 2 weeks later...