Rifles Only Mod

SN3AK

JP, get on that shit!

I'd mentioned it in the scim post but somebody deleted it because it was apparently irrelevant :shock:

Anyways, I had fun doing a regular S&D match using rifles (even most others were still using machine guns,) gives me that nostalgic feeling from Spearhead. Maybe up the speed a bit, a bit longer run time? Dunno exactly but I'd probably be more apt to jump on CoD5 and play.

EDIT:

I'd also probably be more willing to play if I could actually talk on TS, which may be possible here soon, I might be upgrading my comp soon and hopefully the audio won't be so crappy.

I'd mentioned it in the scim post but somebody deleted it because it was apparently irrelevant

It was deleted because it had nothing to do with the topic in question. There was a post in the topic explaining it.

Maybe up the speed a bit, a bit longer run time? Dunno exactly but I'd probably be more apt to jump on CoD5 and play.

Up the speed of what? How long of a run time? If server is set the way you want, you ??MIGHT?? play it? lol

No, I was kidding about the scrim post deletion :shock: not mad if that's what it seemed.

Those were just some thoughts, I mean, I'm not sure what others liked specifically about Spearhead but it was run or walk, it was fast paced... I guess it doesn't make sense with the call of duty style though.

There's 3 cod5 servers, just put a rifles only mod on one? Try it out, not like it'll get any less traffic... I might set up something myself to test out, see if others want to try it so you don't have to convert one of those servers.

Just some thoughts

I actually thinks thats a good idea becuz then in that one server, we will attract people who like that certain style, its what made our server in SH so popular, because people knew what they were to expect when they came into the server.

SO to narrow it down to one thing ie your idea of rifles only, is a good sugestion soo bravo ...wooot woot

Ok well after much screwing around with steam (I will never buy a non-steam game through steam again) I think I got a Rifle Only mod working. It was at least working for me via LAN. I forwarded the ports so if somebody else wants to try and connect, see if they can the IP is

72.209.140.192:28960

If it does try to connect but can't download files or something, let me know. I'm still not sure what directories the files need to be in.

You are talking about the main problem with CoD5 - Mod downloading doesn't exactly work.

Which is the only reason we don't have any mod at the moment, you either have to keep the mod under about 500 or so kb, or people need to know where to download the mod from. ( You could always simply disable all guns other than rifles in the config but it if you want to speed them up/add ammo, that kind of stuff you will actually need to make a mod. Disabling guns has always been easy, getting the guns to be usable on a server scale is another story. With our mod I am kind of hoping to get mustard gas back in, with maybe some diffrent knifing settings like 2 knife kills, etc.)

The next patch is suppose to fix this, but it remains to be seen since its been a work in progress for about the past 2 months.

We always had the intention of putting on a rifles mod, we just decided not to do it until this next patch came out, just an fyi.

Regards,

-Jp

Edit - Got in - 125kb file, The Welcome messsages are glitchy and like spam the screen, maybe just for me though? And your server appears to have crashed once the map ended lol.

Ah, I didn't realize there were those problems. I didn't make a mod myself, just downloaded one, bolt action rifles only, one shot kills.

As for my server crashing, not sure why. Punkbuster was kicking me when map ended but the server stayed up. I did see it's not running now, will have to find a complete command list later. I used a sample server.cfg for it and modified a few settings and I'll have to find a way to remove the spammed welcome messages.

Server down for now, found a better guide, will set everything up new this weekend hopefully fully working.