Computer crashing/freezing

Optical

So my computer has been rebooting itself lately, and my WoW has been crashing and now I keep getting this bubble saying "The file or directory C:Documents and SettingsAll Users is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility"

I tried running Spybot S&D but that's corrupt aswell

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem. My computer was rebooting itself and my WoW keeps crashing with the file corrupt error. I have reformatted already, and I've reinstalled WoW. The rebooting seems to have stoped after the reformat, but I'm still dealing with WoW crashing all the time. I had noticed that when I turn Quest Helper off that the crashing stops, so I put Carbonite Quest on and it started crashing again. It's seriously driving me crazy, sometimes it crashes every 5 minutes, sometimes every few hours. It's just completely random. If anyone was able to figure anything out about Optical's errors and has any suggestions for me I'd love the help. I feel like I've tried and tested everything possible. I'm so sick of dying because my computer is stupid! :D

Lindsey(Aka...MurderBabe)

I am having a similar problem. My computer was rebooting itself and my WoW keeps crashing with the file corrupt error. I have reformatted already, and I've reinstalled WoW. The rebooting seems to have stoped after the reformat, but I'm still dealing with WoW crashing all the time.

- When it crashes, do you still get the file corrupt error, or is there any new error?

- What OS are you using Xp or Vista 32/64

- What video card

I had noticed that when I turn Quest Helper off that the crashing stops, so I put Carbonite Quest on and it started crashing again.

Sounds like it could be an add on issue from what you are explaining. I use Quest Helper but don't get that problem. Maybe you'll have to use wowhead.

BTW, you have a members account already created. In case you forgot, the user name is 'Lindsey'

i know it sound stupid but lindz thingy sound like a heating problemes.

why would it crash with some game and not with some other? becuz some game are way more demending on your cpu,wich create more heat.

have u clean your pc in the last....year?especially in u own a cat,if theres lots of dust behind your pc desk,etc.etc

i just built my son a pc with some old parts that i got here,it took me more time to clean the cloaged fan on my video card then to built the entire pc!

And opti,i would take the time to save my data and go ahead with a reformat,,,think about it,a clean system!

and no its not as long as it sound,it can be done withing a hour.just get all your drivers ready before u do it.

i can help u with that if needed.