Crtc

Blitzkrieg

So i was just wondering if my fellow Canadian's here knew all about the bullshit that is going on with the CRTC and our ISP's ???

Basically if you go over 25gb's a month, you will get charged $2 per GB after you pass 25, and well for most of us here i know we all download movies and TV shows online to watch, me personally? i download 25gb's in a matter of 3 days....... i will be completely fucked over if this happens.... lets say i download 100 GB's in a month, which i very easily do... thats a $200 internet bill for me that month, like WTF!!!

SO... i would hope you all will go to this site... www.stopthemeter.ca ... and please sign the protest...

Here is a youtube video about it aswell,

.. the guy is a bit annoying but he explains everything about it...

OH and this is all coming into effect MARCH 2011 !!! sign the petition and help stop this madness before it starts...

all americans and others are welcome to sign the petition too :down:

PS. Please spread the word in any way that you can, Thank You!

most telcos in canada already had the caps in place, telus, shaw, bell etc. depending on your plan your cap can be as high as 100gbs per month but that is both up and down combined. my independent isp had unlimited for $50 a month now thanks to bell getting that ruling it is capping it to 100gb a month, otherwises my isp will be charged for over going over the bandwidth they buy from Bell, but being that there might be an election this year our most dumbass government on other issues, told the CRTC to look at their decision and come back with a no cap decision. They don't want to upset the 18 to 35 yr olds how don't really vote that much, but if they get pissed off they will go and vote them out.

• 3 weeks later...