Lag and slow map loads...

Angelz

COD5

I'm getting slow map loads. I always miss the first round.

When I start to play every now and then my game freezes. It's frustrating.

I have googled everything I can possibly think of and a lot of people are having the same issues but so far no solutions :P

Anyone have any suggestions?

PS: Keep to the topic or your post will be deleted.

it drops me out of the game when i turn my video card up with the evga precision tool maybe your settings for your video card if your using a tool ...the internet connection at my moms is a dsl 5 which is the slowest dsl15 being the highest and i get slower map loading with her internet or if your using a router you need to make sure that you clear the logs constantly so it doesnt build up which helps internet connections which resolution do you play your game in ? try a smaller one or lowers graphics in a higher resolution

I fixed the lag by:

adding the game to 2 sections of the router...1 is just for gaming...real cool coz it has all the games listed in drop down menu. It automatically set all ports for the game :P

Next I will try old drivers. I have 5 of them lol

I use the ATI Catalyst Control Center. It is all stock at the moment.

I have tried smaller resolutions and it didn't help...I use 1680x1050.

All my settings are the way the game set them up when I installed it.

Dsl speed is: 3048kb/s download and 460kb/s upload if that makes any sense.

My isp site says: up to 10 mbps download and up to 1 mbps.

I use to load maps faster but I don't know what happened to change that. I have wiped my pc 5 times in the past 2 weeks trying differ stuff but nothing has worked so far.

means your downloading at 3 megs per second and uploading at .46 megs per second

Have the same problem with slow map loads always had it and I use an ATI 3870 but with CoD4 maps load quicker

I know you use an ATI 4850 or 4870 so maybe it has something to do with that? anyone else with ATI vid cards have same problem?

also seen in ATI forums there are others with same problem saying they switched from Nvidia to ATI and now their maps load slower

you probably read the forums allready but will post the link here anyways

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=103604