New rig

Sadik

Is this a system your buying cheap from somebody else or something you're buying new parts for and putting together?

The motherboard is pretty generic looking except for the copper heat pipes, and I believe the P45 is the latest Intel chipset, that's a P35.

The RAM seems overpriced, I can't honestly say I know how the timings affect the system but is $55 extra worth the single drop from a 5-5-5-15 to a 4-4-4-12?

BFG is good but usually have to pay a premium for, and unless your picking that card up for less than $150 you might as well get a Radeon 4850 which is the next step up for $160.

The PSU seems a bit underpowered for a 650W, granted it should run an SLI or CrossFire configuration decently.

Why a Raptor drive? One of the commenters said it all, you might as well pick up a few smaller SATAII HD's and run in a RAID array, if it were me I'd rather pick up a 1TB drive for that price.

3.6Ghz? Overclocked?

So it's all in a case or you're buying just the parts from them?

If you price it out for brand new parts:

$100 motherboard

$170 CPU

$65 Hard Drive (Unless you want a raptor)

$75 PSU

$50 RAM

$160 Video Card

$620 ($670 w/ Raptor) right there with figures off the top of my head.

Personally, if it's just the parts there's no way in hell I'd buy them for that much, maybe $450 at most, if it's an entire computer all put together including DVD drive(s) then I might.

But that's just me, I'll wait a week or two to get the best deals on parts and try and shave off $$ where I can without sacrificing too much quality.