glitch wipes player profile settings in COD5

urbancamper

I thought i sent this to sent this letter to Activion. Not sure as it looks like it ended up back in my in box. Doh!!! Could someone please resend it just to make sure they get it? Apparently i have to set up a different type of email account to send it.

Apparently when a person has system cleaners on there computer and uses them some parts of the player profile are deleted. I use the ATF cleaner and CCleaner. My experience has been wiped off 3 times. I just finished using them then went back into the game to see if I would lose my ranking, control configuration, and graphics set up again, and sure enough I did. I think it may have something to do with the fact that the player profile in vista is placed in the user application data local folder, as opposed to the games program folder where it is placed in both cod 2 and 4. This is quite frustrating since i clean the system each night when I am done. Using these programs has never caused me to lose any of my personal data before. This morning I went into the game and the previously mentioned setting we're gone. I reset my controls and graphics played a little bit then used my cleaners to see what would happen, and sure enough, poof the disappearing act happened again. Personally I don't think that I should have to uncheck any of my cleaner setting as they are my preferences. A computer program should not be subject to a scrub unless it is specifically check marked for one. I went back into the game and put in a couple of setting then quit. Then I went into CCleaner and did a wipe. I did not lose any data. I repeated the same experiment using ATF Cleaner. ATF was the culprit. I am not sure but the only thing I could think that may be doing this is the wipe on the java cache. Either way it goes this should not be happening. I do not have much technical experience, but I am pretty sure if the player profile folder had installed into the game folder, this would not have happened. I need to know what I have to uncheck. Even better, it would be nice if you would fix this problem and put player profiles back in the World at War program folder where I believe it should be. I would appreciate it if you would address this problem along with the other ones that I am sure you have found in this new bright star in the Call of Duty saga.

Thank you, UrbanCamper

Can anyone tell me what setting i need to uncheck in ATF Cleaner. Here is the site link where you can download the program. it is very small.http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=25

updatei found what is doing this to me and alot of other people i am betting too. Here is the send email i sent them

I was wrong about it being the java cache that is wiping my player profile data. There are 2 places in the ATF Cleaner that will wipe temp data, which since the profile is always changing, would be considered a temp file. All Users Temp and Current User Temp. It is obvious to me that (though I did state in the previous email I am not especially technologically adept) that this is what is causing the problem. I have checked to see which one is causing the problem and it is the All Users temp file cleaning. If the player profile folder had been placed in the games program as in both COD 2 and COD 4 this would not be happening. It is possible that I am the only person in the world that cleans out the temp files on my computer when I am done with my session. I find that highly unlikely. Therefore I think that it would be up to you to find a way to fix this problem. I really don't want to have to copy this folder after every session then put it back every time I play the game. Again thanks for this excellent series of games.

Dave the UrbanCamper.