Friends

Soulblighte R

Hello friends,

I hope you guys are all well! I've been quietly lurking around the forums from time to time as a guest (forgot my password) to check in on my oldest of friends. I figured it was probably time to make a new account seeing how the email address linked to my old account was my college one, which is most certainly deactivated. Anyhow, I more or less wanted to say hi - it's been a long, long time and I've greatly missed my original crew. Life has a funny way of pulling you back to your past and I've frequently wondered how everyone here has been doing. I have been fiendishly searching for and watching any of our old NDE/KIB tournament and scrimmage videos on youtube for some heavy doses of nostalgia.

I'm sure many, if not most won't recognize me, but I used to play MOH when we were KIB, and then when KIB became NDE, and NDE split back to KIB, and then back again. I started playing in the demo server with some guy named Dogger and another fella with a sultry, French-Canadian accent named Sadik. I was 12 or 13 at the time and to put that into perspective, I'm now 28 and married. I remember spending an inordinate amount of time on Malta, having bridge duels, scrimming against KMA and BTK, and having gratuitous amounts of fun. I also remember sending Dogger $20 here and there to help keep the servers going which, I sent in probably the strangest way possible: In birthday cards. I would take a blank birthday card from my mom's office desk, put a 20 in there, and send away. Why would I do this? Fear and paranoia that my parents would discover I've been sending money to some random guy because reasons. I was a weird kid. I spent more time with these guys in my angsty teenage years than anyone else. NDE were the best friends I had, and the only ones I needed.

I remember staying up far too late on a school night and having my bedroom invaded by my parents because my furious clicking and laughing woke them up. I have too many good memories to list here, but one that evades me is why I ever left or stopped showing up.

I wanted to say hi and thank you, I guess. Thanks for the memories. Thanks for the friendship. Life is bumpy, but when you can return to your past and look fondly on it, the road begins to smooth out.

Hello and thanks, Dogger, Sadik, JP, Sneaky, Top Rope, Angelz, Biggy, MJ, and everyone I haven't had the pleasure of meeting (or remembering).

I'll be around.

-Soul

Tom

6 hours ago, Soulblighte R said:

my wife

You're married?? No invite for me?? Tha nerve lol I wanna hear all about it!!

Soullllllllllllllllllllll!!!! It has been sooooooooooo long. Glad ur back.

Ummm , once a member always a member!!! The tags have changed to NDE|. New games do not allow alt codes.

On 3/15/2017 at 2:40 PM, Soulblighte R said:

Hello friends,

I've been quietly lurking around the forums from time to time as a guest (forgot my password) to check in on my oldest of friends. I figured it was probably time to make a new account seeing how the email address linked to my old account was my college one, which is most certainly deactivated.

I fixed it. I sent you a private message with the info.

On 3/16/2017 at 10:43 PM, Angelz said:

You're married?? No invite for me?? Tha nerve lol I wanna hear all about it!!

Soullllllllllllllllllllll!!!! It has been sooooooooooo long. Glad ur back.

Ummm , once a member always a member!!! The tags have changed to NDE|. New games do not allow alt codes.

Yeah! We got married August 2015. By the end of it, I think we were more happy to just have had it over with. Weddings are more stressful than they need to be. 

I'll update my old account and start posting with that one!

On 3/17/2017 at 8:39 PM, Jp said:

Soul! Let us know when you're going to hop on ts so we can have a party. It's been a while.

You still talk to 33 or Sicness?

- Jp

It's been too long man! Yeah, I still talk with Dennis (33) and Jay (Sicness). Dennis primarily plays WoW, he's also married. Jay just moved to California with his GF from Toronto. They're both doing well.

On 3/17/2017 at 9:48 PM, Dogger said:

Soul,  I've been wondering why I haven't gotten my Bday card all these years!  Seriously though, you were also a part of those good memories for us, so no need to thank us :).    Let's game soon. 

I'm ready to take any of you, any day on that bridge! 

Good to hear from you! Miss those bridge duels!

I'll be rolling into TS probably within the coming week. We just moved apartments, so our internet isn't setup yet but once it is, I'll be on!

• 1 month later...

& this is why I still do my random check ins on this forum. A little late but still! Blast from the past! Congrats on the marriage!! August is the best month to get married! Just saying <3

Did this TS party reunion already happen? Did I miss it ?