The Division

Dogger

its Deus Ex/Mass Effect 3/Borderlands/Fallout 4 and Call of Duty all in one game.   Its tactical, but you can run and gun too. Craft you own armor and weapon.  Drops green/blue/purple items same as wow etc.   You can play in squads vs others and it has open world pvp with rewards. If you die, you lose your pvp rewards you won... kinda cool and its been a lot of fun so far.  It's being mentioned in the same way Destiny is for PS4, but its not that game at all .. the concepts are similar. 

The only thing I didn't really like in the beginning is that the enemies are bullet sponges. Easy to empty a whole clip to kill 1 enemy unless its a headshot. It gets better as you lever up and you can carry up to 3 weapons, along with multiple grenades and special abilities like turrets and shit. 

Its a recommended buy.... and would be cool to play in squads.  Thumbs up. 

I play it on my PS4 and its a ton of fun. Love doing the missions with my friends, and it really does have something for everyone. Like you said the enemy sponges thing is kind'ov annoying at times but outside of that I really like it.

I watched some videos of it...the guy commentating said that people are bullet sponges....takes forever to get anyone down and when you do, you have to make sure you get everyone down or they will revive each other, and then the whole process is very long and drawn out. I wasn't a fan of what I saw. =[

The bullet sponge thing is odd at first, but its not all that different from CS:Go, plus it ends up being more of a challenge.  I'm not sure about the enemies regenerating health... I haven't seen that happen since i've been playing.   You also get better, and different kinds of weapons as you level up, so its not all just spray and pray/Run n Gun, there's some strategy with the loadouts you set up.  Snipers and rifles are deadly, especially if its a headshot. 

Move or Die sounds more like your type of game :D

• 2 weeks later...

I play it on PS4, currently level 30 story mode and level 32 Dark Zone mode.

Enemies don't regenerate but the challenge missions (Daily Missions that give exotic loot) are very hard and take time because you need to be careful on how you proceed or you die easy, the better weapons and gear you get the easier it is to kill them.

PvP mode in the Dark Zone is where other players can revive their teammates, 4 people in your team, you only go PvP if your group or the other group decides to kill each other and steal all the loot from each other, its called going rogue and if they have better weapons and gear then you, then you stand no chance at getting your loot back, thats the only part of the game i hate.

That being said, i have ok gear and weapons right now, a couple of exotic pieces and i am losing interest in the grinding to get better gear (you grind in the dark zone to get the best stuff) but if you love a game that requires alot of grinding to get the best weapons & gear then you will love this game, its basically Destiny if you've played that.

This is not a FPS game, yes you shoot guns and kill people, but its all about the long hours of grinding to get the best weapons and gear, and believe me it takes alot of hours.

48 minutes ago, Blitzkrieg said:

This is not a FPS game, yes you shoot guns and kill people, but its all about the long hours of grinding to get the best weapons and gear, and believe me it takes alot of hours.

I wouldn't be willing to play pvp in that sort of game then, I don't think.
If I have to work my butt off to get items, I refuse to lose them to better players (because...there will be better players).
I'm like that in Ark. I have to work hard to get all my stuff, and so I refuse to play in pvp. I stick to pve only.

However, I am not against other people playing games they like. 
I'm just saying that personally, it doesn't sound like I'll be playing it, or if I do, it won't be in pvp.

I should have clarified one thing, the stuff you have equipped you don't lose, you only lose what weapons and gear you find in the Dark Zone that's sitting in your Dark Zone backpack. It's just that if they have better shit equipped, you stand no chance at killing them to get your stolen backpack back.

You have to get to a choppa and extract whats in your backpack, once its extracted then you can't lose it, what's in your Dark Zone backpack is not safe. Your equipped gear is safe.

So if you find something good, get your team to run straight to a choppa to extract before asswipes kill you and take it.

20 hours ago, Blitzkrieg said:

So if you find something good, get your team to run straight to a choppa to extract before asswipes kill you and take it.

Lol @Emjay

This is actually one of the funnest parts of the game. When you call for the chopper, every tom, dick and harry pvp'er is rushing to the extraction point too, thinking they can jack the guys there and take the loot.   If you have a team of 3-4 people in a group, you stand a much better chance.   Another thing, this game has crafting. You grind for your weapon/armor crafting patterns and the mats to create whatever you want. 

Yeah, its a little bit of a grind, but there's more content coming soon. Raids, more missions, etc.