Buying A New Pc

Dogger

Only thing I would change is the cooler, the Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm is on sale right now for $2.00 more than that H60.  Rated best air cooler on the market, mind you it's huge so make sure it'll fit in your case.

Those water coolers aren't that great, I was about to buy the H100i yesterday until I did some research, the Noctua kept the chip cooler than even that one with a dual rad.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018  Link to that cooler, especially if you want to OC.

Only thing I would change is the cooler, the Noctua NH-D14. Rated best air cooler on the market, mind you it's huge so make sure it'll fit in your case.

That's the cooler I have. It is huge but it is light weight (worth every penny).  I could balance it on my baby finger. I also have 3 240mm BitFenix and 2 140mm BitFenix case fans. The air coming out of my tower is cooooold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dogger....

Just got my 3rd DS system in Dec...

4770K oc'ed to 4.2 ...really nice processor

ASUS Sabertooth Z87

16GB DDR3 1866MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX

Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX

1TB Western Digital Caviar(Black)

256GB Samsung 840 Pro

GTX 780 Ti 3GB (EVGA Superclocked ACX Cooler Edition)

Corsair H100i

I went with Win 8.1...took alittle to get used to but I am beginning to like it...

really love this setup....it pretty much eats up any game I throw at it...

If I was you I would pay the little extra to get the 780ti superclocked over the regular 780...there is a noticable difference..

otherwise everything else looks good..

Also....as far as the cooler goes...I wanted to go with the Noctua NH-D14 from the beginning but the problem I ran into was that the cooler was so big that it interferred with my memory sticks...If the memory sticks you are using are low profile...it may work.  It's something to look into tho to be sure.

This is my first closed loop water-cooled system and I do have to say I like the room it saves...and it's more quiet than I expected.

Also....as far as the cooler goes...I wanted to go with the Noctua NH-D14 from the beginning but the problem I ran into was that the cooler was so big that it interferred with my memory sticks...If the memory sticks you are using are low profile...it may work.  It's something to look into tho to be sure.

This is my first closed loop water-cooled system and I do have to say I like the room it saves...and it's more quiet than I expected.

Agreed, unless you're really trying to get the most (in this case probably be better off with a custom loop anyway) out of your system the H60 or H100i will do nicely.

I'm using the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo on my AMD oc'd to 4.5Ghz, keeps it nice and cool. But once again even this cooler is huge.

I guess I got a little ahead of myself in my previous post. The H60 should be fine and as Euth says will save you a lot of room.

Euth, i debated on going with DS as its about $800 bucks more than same/similar on some other sites.  But after taking a look at your setup, and the fact that DS has the unheard of 3 year warranty on parts and service .. i decided to go with them again for the 2nd time.  Last PC i bought, my GFX card crapped out and they took care of me no questions asked.  

Here's what i'm going with. Pretty similar same set-up as you have, with a few small tweaks. Upgraded MB lets me increase the memory to 32. 

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/configcheck.asp?id=929312    

Processor: Intel Core i7 4770K 3.50 GHz - OC'd to 4.8 GHz

Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VI EXTREME (Intel Z87 Chipset)

System Memory: 32GB DDR3 2400MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro

Graphics Card: 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB 

Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H100i

Nice Set-up you have there....

I think you are going to love the power of that card...and the ACX cooler is definitely alot more quiet than the reference card.

Now you just have to get a good monitor to complete the set up....I went with this http://www.benq.us/product/monitor/XL2420TE ..

It has been discontinued because there is a newer version...but it's 1 ms response time plus the real kicker is it's 144hz refresh rate...

you will not ever want to go back to 60hz...

I hear alot of ppl talking about going to 1440 resolution monitors now tho as well...but I just stuck with 1080...

Be sure to tell me how you like the new PC when you get it...btw...DS's shipping has improved as well...I like how they packaged it this time..

nah dog .. i've been putting together a music studio and can justify the expense as it suits 2 purposes .. music and games.  Don't hate cause i'll once again have the best PC in the clan.  A title that the canadians once held.   Between Euth and I, America's taking this shit back! 

• 2 weeks later...

Stage 3 - it's being put together at they are loading on the software. Next step is QA and stress testing.  Should be ready in about a week or so. 

Gonna be nice to be one of the first ones to load into a game now, instead of waiting a week to get the map to load :)

Don't hate cause i'll once again have the best PC in the clan.  A title that the Canadians once held.   Between Euth and I, America's taking this shit back! 

You Americans, it's always a penis measuring contest with you people.

You need to accept the fact that a Canadian female penis will always be the bigger!!!

Made the wife laugh.

That makes me smile!!

I have known you for about 10 years. You were so young and now your married. Everyone has grown up soooooo fast! :yes:

I remember when I joined NDE most of you hadn't had your voice change yet. Then someone told me the definition of balls dropping :blush: oh em gee. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...