Need Some Help....

Optical

All the sudden my video card has been running very loud - I mean it sounds like a jet engine! I fixed it the other night by taking it out and blowing some air on the fan which seemed to do the trick.....until I rebooted tonight and it's back. WTF? I'm thinking about just taking it out and using 1 instead of both.

Tips?

edit: after taking it out and blowing air on it twice it seems to be working again. My guess is that it could be over heating but then why would it only start happening when I restart the computer and not while I'm using it?

Whens the last time you cleaned inside your tower? LOL

The fan is probably full of dust bunnies inside. It needs to be vacuumed.

I take mine apart and clean the fan. I even take my power supply apart and clean that fan.

I cleaned it about a week ago(usually clean about twice a month) Then about 3 days later it started the jet engine noise again...blew it out and it worked. Sometimes even after cleaning it, it will still be loud....but not all the time, just every once and a while. LAst night was the worse its done it because I had to clean it two or three times before it went away.

*shrug*

• 2 months later...