Time to fix PunkBuster

Flawless

As you all know, PunkBuster has been giving poor (flawed) Flawless some problems...

If you don't remember why I'm unable to play in PB Servers..

It says:

"Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed"

I went into my Services, checked if both "A" and "B" were Automatic to start, and they were.

Then downloaded this PunkBuster Service Setup v0.987 and have only Tested the Services so far.

Here is what I got from it:

Starting PunkBuster Service Tests (v0.987) (03/09/10 17:08:47)

Checking OS

Windows NT 6.0 (build 6001, Service Pack 1) 32-bit

Checking PnkBstrA service status RUNNING

Checking PnkBstrA Version OK (1032)

Extracting "PnkBstrB.exe" to:

"C:UsersRochelleAppDataRoamingPnkBstrB.exe"

OK

Checking firewall settings OFF

Is PnkBstrA explicitly allowed?

C:Windowssystem32PnkBstrA.exe YES

Is PnkBstrB explicitly allowed?

C:Windowssystem32PnkBstrB.exe YES

Checking if PnkBstrB is running RUNNING

Manually stopping PnkBstrB STOPPED

Getting port for PnkBstrA OK (44301)

Opening socket for packet send OK

Sending version packet to PnkBstrA SENT

Receiving version from PnkBstrA OK

Received 6 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301

Response = 8969 (ms) Version = v1032

Getting PnkBstrB install instance OK

Sending start packet to PnkBstrA SENT

Waiting for packet from PnkBstrA OK

Received 3 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301

Response = 23500 (ms) PnkBstrB started.

Load SUCCESSFUL.

Watching for PnkBstrB instance change (1) CHANGED (2)

Getting port for PnkBstrB OK (45301)

Sending version packet to PnkBstrB SENT

Receiving version from PnkBstrB OK

Received 5 bytes from 127.0.0.1:45301

Response = 0 (ms) Version = 2110

Checking PnkBstrK driver status NOT FOUND

Extracting new PnkBstrK to:

"C:UsersRochelleAppDataRoamingPnkBstrK.sys"

OK

Sending load packet to PnkBstrB SENT

Checking PnkBstrK driver status STOPPED

Deleting PnkBstrK OK

Checking PnkBstrK driver status STILL FOUND (driver status 1)

Manually stopping PnkBstrB STOPPED

Removing test PnkBstrB file OK

----------------------------------

Tests finished.

I'm not sure why it's ?Stopping? the ?B? one, or Deleting the ?K? one. But Dogger thinks the ?B? might be stopping because...

Jiinx: it stops working because either 1) your router tells it to or 2) your Internet is crashing, for a moment which is long enough for it to stop working

Anyone agree? Or disagree?

It might be my Gay-Ass Internet, so Dogger thinks that I should directly connect to the cable box and... then see if it works.

Problem with that is I'd have to unplug the Router wire from the Cable Box to plug in my Internet wire to it, and the Router has everyone else's Internet (Wireless, whatever) connected to it, meaning, everyone else would lose their Internet, including my Dad (Which he won't be happy about lol).

But, maybe I can do a quick switch, check if I can play in any PB Server, and if it works, then we know the problem.

And, if it still doesn't work, then...

Dogger and I will have to figure something else out.

Damn, lol

Anyone have any input?

-Flawless

Sadik, please do write out your solution in that bad english writing you have mastered so well at. It would be helpful!

To Angelz: Yeah, none of them blocked it. Checked it.

But, my father did somethin' to my computer, something about Catalyst... Ultimate Windows... Some software that made my computer work faster... (Don't have an Anti-Virus anymore)

I lost my CoD4 because it was in the Operating System(?) the wrong folder, I'm assuming, so it got deleted.

I tried Installing it, and yay for my awesome computer, it freezes during the install.

So I'm on my second install, praying it doesn't freeze again.

PB will be my later concern if it doesn't work again this time.

I swear, my dad probably thinks it the Computer not letting PB work, when it could be the bad internet we've been having lately. :P

Someone knock some sense into his thick head lol

something called catalyst is your video card drivers wouldn't screw up PB, when your game is up and running do a ctrl alt delete, then task manager and check under processes to see if PB is running with the game up and running and are you running VIsta? if so there are hidden folders on your system that you might have to delete

if you allready reloaded CoD4 and PB I wouldn't delete anything else only if you uninstall CoD4 and PB should you find the hidden folders where Vista puts them, but as someone very wise said get JP to poke into your computer so he can work his magic :P

All works fine, I assure you. Went on a server that had PB and didn't get kicked once. I'll try another server again, just to be sure.

Had to do pathc 1.7 again so I could play at this horrible server admined by these CTU peoples you guys so absolutely love.

:P

I have a feeling PB didn't update for you when it installed, for me I have to manually download their updates. if you want to know where it is it is under computer, then click on your hard drive icon then under program files , then the folder pbsetup, then you should see pbsetup you click on that , then allow program then agree to program, highlite your game then hit update, if it doesn't show your game hit the add a game button, browse for call of duty 4 and add it then do a manual update