Wtf...

Jahova

Ok so I built my dad a computer, and it keeps coming up with a bios error, and I believe it is related to the graphics card... the main reason I believe that is because the system rating says the card is at 3.3 when it should be at 4.9... Would that be caused by a too low of a PSU? I have all the correct drivers, but I'm not 100% what is causing it, nothing is out on it.

Wow I just typed a nice long paragraph and it didnt post or save...

Pulled GPU out, computer is fine. I have been told that 450 isnt enough to run the graphics card along with the quad core, and that if I plan on doing anything else, that I should invest in at least a 650w. A guy who has practically the same setup, had to switch out his 450w psu in order to allow his GPU to run without causing a BIOS crash. I'm estimating that we should probably get a 650+w PSU in order to run this machine. (also we'll be adding 2gb more ram, another hdd, and possibly a blueray player, along with HD audio card, and for some reason my dad wants to buy a better ethernet card.)

Still, for $300 this barebones is amazing haha.

Wow I just typed a nice long paragraph and it didnt post or save...

get a 650+w PSU in order to run this machine. (also we'll be adding 2gb more ram, another hdd, and possibly a blueray player, along with HD audio card, and for some reason my dad wants to buy a better ethernet card.)

the differance between a 650 and a 1000 watt is about 20$....more power wont hurt with those upgrade.!

I've tried all related drivers, and the only time that error shows up is during times where it uses a lot of the gpu to do something with good graphics.

I've also reloaded the bios twice, and reset the cmos, and tweaked bios, and it still only happens throught the 9400... I guess it could be a faulty card

So far the only thing that I can come up with from everything I've been looking into is a more powerful psu. My dad ordered a new one so hopefully everything works fine when it gets here. Ill let you guys know if its working or not

• 2 weeks later...