Firefox issue

ghost|NDE

I don't know how this happened but I want it gone.....On my navigational toolbar for firefox, Windows Live Search has taken over and I don't want that crap. I like google search in the upper right hand corner of my screen. I've looked around the web but really couldn't resolve the issue...I know for damn sure that I didn't intentionally allow this to happen. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall but I will if I have to....

My bad, I was thinking toolbar, forget everything I said. You click the icon on the left side of the search for a drop-down list then click Manage Search Engines...

Also if you ever have trouble with trying to search using the main address bar and it redirects to something like Ask.com, type about:config in the address bar then search for keword.URL and change it to default (or whatever you want to set it to.)

try that then install googletoolbar and under manage in the google toolbar you go to layout then you click the last one it says replace firefox search with google and hide toolbar, if you want the toolbar then click the second button

• 1 year later...

My bad, I was thinking toolbar, forget everything I said. You click the icon on the left side of the search for a drop-down list then click Manage Search Engines...

Also if you ever have trouble with trying to search using the main address bar and it redirects to something like Ask.com, type about:config in the address bar then search for keword.URL and change it to default (or whatever you want to set it to.)

thats what i was going to say